Thursday, November 17, 2011

Soaking It Up

If you've spent any time at all in the blogosphere, you've likely heard of Design*Sponge (did you catch my pun in that clever title?). The lovely Grace Bonney started the blog in 2004, and since then it has grown into one of the best DIY design resources on the web.

Grace recently published a Design*Sponge book and has been touring the country sharing it with her loyal followers! Last night I joined my two friends, Lauren and Kellie, for one of the last stops of the tour at West Elm (side note: this was my first time to go to West Elm and I will definitely be back- so much cute stuff!).  The book signing was really neat- Grace was obviously there signing books and meeting her fans, there were refreshments from one of our favorite neighborhood bakeries, Sweet 16th, and one of Kellie's friends designed an amazing backdrop for fun photos (I don't know where to find these, or I would share them with you)!

The beautiful book!
After the book signing, we weren't quite ready to call it a night, so we headed to Holland House, a neighborhood "Bar and Refuge," for a glass of wine, which quickly turned into a cocktail. I'm always a little nervous when I order a drink that's not one of my standard beer selections or the always-classy Beringer White Zinfandel. But this drink was a success!

The Original Cinn (Warm Jacket)
Hot chocolate with fireball cordial and ginger-chartreuse whipped cream!
I loved my first book signing and it was so nice to spend time with my sweet friends outside of work! Have you checked out the Design*Sponge book yet? What project will you do first?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night! I'll have to check out design sponge for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I love Design*Sponge -- I've been reading it for years. Can't wait to get the book. I tried to go to a book signing up here but the event was at capacity. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...