You may remember that one of my resolutions was to create a bucket list of things we want to do while we are still living in Nashville. It wasn't hard to think of all the things we haven't gotten around to doing, and it didn't take long before I had a pretty long little list of things to do! So without further adieu- my Nashville Bucket List!
1. Visit the Frist Center for Visual Arts- I have been meaning to visit our local art museum for a while now, and even did go one time (but never got inside because there was literally no where to park!). I'm not a huge art buff, but there have been some really amazing exhibits that I missed out on, so I want to take advantage of this before I don't have a chance to!
2. Hang out at the Downtown Public Library- I am already a huge fan of the Nashville public library system, but their online reserve system is the reason I've never visited the main branch! It is really convenient to pick out my books online and then just pick them up at my neighborhood location when it's available. However, the downtown branch is a tourist attraction on its own! I'd love to spend a Saturday just sitting in the cafe and reading a good book.
3. Visit the Nashville Zoo- who doesn't like the zoo?!
4. Walk the trails at Radnor Lake- I'm told this is one of the best parks in the Nashville area and I'm a little embarrassed I haven't been before! There are tons of walking trails where it's impossible to not see some wildlife. There is so much nature to experience around us and it's definitely time I got around to exploring!
5. Go to a Tennessee Titans game- I much prefer college football over the NFL, but LP field is practically walking distance from our house. Marcus has been to a game and I think it's my turn!
6. Weekend trips to Chicago, Chattanooga, Asheville, and the Smokies- If and when we move back to Texas, we will never live this close to these places that we can just take a drive for a short weekend getaway. It's really hard to do this when your husband works on Sundays, but I'm determined to make some of these trips happen!
7. Spend a hot summer day at Nashville Shores- We planned a day like this last summer. We planned it a month out so all of our friends were off work and could go. And then it rained. I'm pretty sure there are better water parks out there, and this one's probably nothing to write home about, but I still want to go.
8. Go to the Doyle and Debbie Show at Station Inn- The Station Inn is a legendary bluegrass venue in town, so I've been wanting to take my dad since we moved here, but the last two times he's visited it hasn't worked out. I do want to take in the bluegrass tunes, but I also want to see the Doyle and Debbie show, a country music parody show. They just recently took the show to Chicago and it's gotten great reviews, plus "Debbie" is my Zumba teacher! So this is at the top of my list. :)
9. See Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God at the Ryman- Andrew Peterson has been doing this Christmas show at the Ryman every year for a while now, but we always have to leave town too early to see it. Hopefully we can make it this year!
Wow, that was lengthy. If you're still reading, I thank you. Now you have to come visit so we can do some of these things together! There's no time to waste!
Wish you were here!