Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Doneski!

Remember that quilt I started blogging about last September? Well, after a little over a year (including a nine month break), I am so so so happy to announce that my quilt is officially complete! I still can't believe I actually made a real live quilt, from start to finish, all by myself! :) I definitely had some help along the way (thanks, Pam!), and it's definitely not perfect, but I love it. Hopefully it is just the first of many quilts to follow, and this one will always hold a special place in my heart.

In my last post about the quilt, I showed you the mini-quilt I made.  Since then, I did all the same steps, just times about 30! After pinning all three layers together (the front, back and batting in between), it was time to quilt! I decided just to stitch around the perimeter of each square.  Then I added the binding- and it's amazing how that really made it look finished (I know, imagine that. The last step made it look finished!).  The REAL test, though, was washing and drying the finished product. I was terrified that the whole thing would just fall apart.  But it stayed all in one piece and it's beautiful. :)

So do you want to see it?

Ok, here it is...
What do you think?
This is the front! 
The backing is green and white (KD colors, of course!)
Love my quilt!
I can't wait to share my next quilting endeavor with all of you! I'm also going to be joining my friend Megan for her new weekly post, Thankful Thursdays. Sneak peak: I'm thankful for FALL! 


4 comments:

  1. Yay! You're joining me!! I am super jealous of your quilt, can't wait for you to teach me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It must feel so great to have it finished! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! This is AWESOME! I've been thinking about doing this. I have a ton of Longhorn Singers/UT shirts that I can't bare to let go of... but don't really want to keep a full drawer for. A quilt like that would be AMAZING! So inspiring, Miss Womack :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job lyss! So proud of you! You came very far from us in trying to figure it out at my kitchen table!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...