Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh, Technology!

Last week, I moved offices! I still have the same job, in the same building, but I moved my desk and everything on it into a room with a door. Woohoo! It has been a slight adjustment getting all of my various forms of technology in sync with one another again (phone, computer, printer, check deposit scanner, etc.). But I'm liking the change so far.

And today, I arrived at work to find out that my work e-mail (which is based in gmail) was making a change that wouldn't allow me to be logged into that account and my personal account at the same time.  So I reluctantly made the move from viewing all my mail online at gmail to using the mail application on my Mac.  I'm also trying out iChat for the first time.  I will tell you now, I don't deal well with change.  I got very used to my routine of sitting down at work in the morning and opening up my two email accounts in the same firefox window.  It will for sure be an adjustment but I'm trying to see the good in it. :) How do you deal with new technology or any change, really? Do you get on board early and embrace it fully or only make the change at the last possible moment because your current situation is on its way out?

And while we're on the topic of new, let's just talk about Pinterest.  I've been on it for a while (after resisting for as long as I could) and I still just don't get it.  I like the idea of being able to "bookmark" images I like and feel inspired by, but then what? I just imagine it's a place for me to stare at all this stuff I want. How many of you actually act upon the things you're pinning? And for that matter, where are you finding all this stuff you're pinning? Do you just follow an insane amount of blogs or are spending most of your time re-pinning things from other people?  Enlighten me, people!

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is the BEST! Really. For me, it's just an idea board for things I want to try. I have acted on some of the things I pin--and some of it is just for fun for when we have a house! There are also a lot of recipes I have used from it.

    I wish I had known about it before the wedding--it would have been really helpful!

    I mostly just re-pin things from other people from the "everything" board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love Pinterest.. like, I'm addicted. :) I pin things from everywhere- websites, blogs (which I follow way too many of and waste too much time on, it's a habit I'm trying to break), and re-pin from others' boards. If I am looking for an idea, I just search and tons of options pop up.

    I have acted on several of the things (my new curtains and pallet day bed for example). I have many ideas to DIY when I have the time. Those are the things I keep track of mostly.

    I also have some boards for the future house we will, hopefully, someday have! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...