Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

I had hoped this post would be all about the amazing Easter wreath I have been working on for a few weeks now...but I didn't finish it. Womp womp.  It's hard to get any work done with a pesky little puppy who wants to be in the middle of everything. Thus, I could only work on it when Marcus could give Max his undivided attention, and with school wrapping up, those moments were few and far between.  I will finish it though, and I know you'll all be sitting on pins and needles until it makes its grand debut next year!

Despite my crafting failures, Easter was nothing short of wonderful.  With a three day weekend and Good Friday falling on my dad's birthday, I convinced him and my mom to come celebrate with us.  The weekend was way too short, but we had a great time.  It's always fun hosting family in our home, sharing our favorite parts of Nashville (and exploring new parts!) and it doesn't hurt to have a super handy dad to help out around the house.  He even baked up some Amish Friendship Bread.  My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of them with their favorite grand-dog!

We did manage to get a few photos of our adventures, although I forgot my camera almost everywhere we went. That calls for another womp womp.

Easter Sunday!


Breakfast at the famous Loveless Cafe. I refuse to ever pass up a stick-your-head-in-the-hole picture.  Is there a technical name for those?

We celebrated my dad's birthday by taking him to the Grand Ole Opry! So much fun!
...and I was able to mark something off my bucket list...
MARTINA MCBRIDE!!
This woman is my idol. :)

I hope you, too, were able to celebrate this special weekend with family and loved ones. Stay tuned for a special post on pot roast...take 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...